Very Berry Oats Smoothie

Friday, March 23, 2018

After years of being addicted to the Green Smoothie,  this Very Berry Oats Smoothie is my current obsession. I've been trying  to include a bit of Oats into my everyday diet, I am not a big fan of Oats Upma & the like. And I am yet to try my hands on overnight oats, so this smoothie is currently  go to choice 

I always have a box of blueberries in the refrigerator. It's my favourite of all the berries. I love the hue it adds to the smoothie 

collage

Serves 2


  • 1 Large Banana **
  • Apple
  • A handful of Blueberries 
  • Strawberries 
  • 2-3 Blackberries
  • 1 tsp chia Seeds
  • 1 tsp Almond Butter
  • 1 tablespoon instant oats
  • 2.5 cups Almond milk
  • 4-5 Ice cubes
Slice the banana, Roughly chop the apples, I did not peel the skin. Add everything into a blender & blend until smooth. Pour into tall glasses & drink chilled

You could pretty much use any milk you like. Or even use 1 part milk & 1 part yogurt 

** If you want to skip bananas because of their high calorie content, replace with a scoop of unflavoured protein powder

Very Berry Oats Smoothie

TIPS TO MAKE YOUR SMOOTHIE SUPER CREAMY

Have you ever wondered why your homemade smoothie does not taste creamy like the ones you get at the smoothie bar? I used to have this issue with my smoothies too.

* The secret to a creamy smoothie is using frozen fruits. YES :) Put your roughly chopped fruits in a ziplock bag & freeze for 2-3 hours or freeze them overnight & if you intend to make it for breakfast. 
You can skip the ice cubes if using frozen fruits

* Adding a teaspoon of nut butter also makes a creamier smoothie. I've used almond butter here. You could substitute it with Peanut Butter or any other nut butter of your choice 

You Might Also Like

0 comments