Mango Lassi

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Mango Lassi

Bangalore right now is at its worst weather ever. A couple of days ago it touched 40C. Until a decade ago, Bangalore was famous for its cool climate & it would never touch beyond 35 C even during summers. I guess those days should be long forgotten now.

The little one does not want to drink warm milk anymore & is always wanting some Juice. As soon as he is back from his Summer Camp, he wants demands a big glass of juice. 

So, I've been making a lot of fresh juices this season. It's so hot that it has replaced my evening cup of Masala chai. Now that Mangoes are in season, a lot of Mango milkshakes & Mango Lassis have been happening too 

Almost a decade ago, I went to US for the first time and it was when I had Mango Lassi for the first time. Its quite strange that Mango Lassi is not very popular here in India But every other Indian eat out in the US will have Mango Lassi on the menu

Nevertheless, it is a very delicious drink & I got quite hooked to its taste. I make it quite regularly during the Mango season. A big glass of Mango Lassi is quite filling & can make for a great breakfast 


MANGO LASSI

You Will Need:
  • 2 medium sized Ripe Mangoes 
  • 1 cup Yogurt
  • 1/2 cup Milk
  • 2 tsp Sugar - optional
  • A big pinch of cardamom powder
  • 5 Ice cubes - optional
How To:

Peel & roughly chop the mangoes. In a blender, add all the ingredients one by one & whizz a couple of times until well blended

Pour into individual  glasses & serve

NOTE:

You could use any variety of Mangoes, I used Alphonso

If making just for myself I do not add sugar or any other sweetener. 
But you could try adding powdered Jaggery for a slightly different taste

You Might Also Like

1 comments